Dentistry Delivered with Respect & Compassion for All
Your Comfort & Confidence Come First
Teeth Cleaning in Bakersfield, CA
While home-based tooth brushing and flossing help remove plaque, only a professional cleaning provided by your Bakersfield, CA dentist, Dr. Iliana Hernandez Infante, DDS, can thoroughly clean your teeth, removing stains and the hardened plaque (called tartar) that builds up on your teeth over time. Apart from dulling your smile, plaque produces acids that attack your tooth’s enamel, causing cavities. Plaque also causes gum disease, which can lead to tooth loss. There’s no better way to brighten up your smile than having your teeth cleaned by our dentist, Dr. Iliana Hernandez Infante, DDS.
Why Should You Get a Professional Teeth Cleaning?
Here are six reasons why professional teeth cleanings are so important:
- Prevent cavities and gum disease: Regular professional teeth cleanings can help detect oral health problems like cavities and gum disease during the early stages while still treatable. When you have your teeth cleaned by your dentist, you can even prevent these dental problems from occurring in the first place.
- Reduce bad breath: In addition to preventing gum disease and tooth decay, having your teeth cleaned by your dentist also helps keep bad breath at bay.
- Improved oral hygiene: Routine teeth cleanings are also a good time to ask your hygienist about areas of your mouth where your brushing and flossing routines need a bit of help. Your hygienist can also make sure you’re performing both those tasks correctly, so you’re getting rid of as much plaque and tartar during your home routine as possible.
- Remove built-up stains: Your dental hygienist can remove most of the stains that dull and discolor your teeth, so you’ll be left with a brighter, whiter smile.
- Improved overall health: There’s a correlation between your overall health and oral health. Keeping your teeth clean lowers your risk for certain diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
- Save money on potential dental treatments by preventing them: Dental cleaning helps you avoid more costly and extensive procedures beyond preventive dental care, such as dental implants or fillings.
What Happens at a Dental Cleaning Appointment?
We understand that many people dread teeth cleaning, and between the prodding, occasional discomfort, and strange noises, we understand their apprehension. That’s why at Bella Risa Dental, we strive to ensure that your teeth cleaning is as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Having your teeth cleaned professionally at our Bakersfield, CA practice is painless and noninvasive.
Here’s what you can expect during your dental cleaning appointment at Bella Risa Dental:
- Removal of plaque and tartar: Using a small hooked tool called a scaler, our hygienist will remove any plaque and tartar from the surface of the teeth, near the gum line, and in between the teeth. You’ll hear scraping, but this is normal. Depending on how much buildup is present, we may either use a manual or ultrasonic scaler.
- Tooth polishing: After your teeth have been cleaned, they are polished to remove plaque and stains on the tooth surface. The polish contains gritty toothpaste and is applied using a high-powered electric brush. You can expect to feel a slow grinding motion on your teeth during this process.
- Expert flossing and rinse: Our hygienist will expertly floss your teeth, getting between your teeth, and locate any potential trouble spots where you might bleed at the gums. This will remove any leftover plaque or toothpaste. We’ll then rinse out your mouth to remove any debris using a rinse containing fluoride.
How Often Should You Get Your Teeth Cleaned?
At Bella Risa Dental, we recommend having your teeth cleaned twice a year (every six months) for adequate oral hygiene. More frequent visits to our Bakersfield, CA practice may be advised for those with serious dental problems.
How Long Does Teeth Cleaning Take?
The entire teeth cleaning process typically takes about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how much plaque and tartar have built up.
Professional Teeth Cleaning Cost
Professional teeth cleaning is a major component of your preventative dental care and, as such, is usually covered by dental insurance.
Schedule Your Dental Cleaning Appointment Today!
With regular teeth cleaning, the risk of developing oral health problems can be reduced. By coming to our Bakersfield dental practice every six months for your dental cleaning, you’ll be able to save money in the long run by protecting your oral health. We’ll gently clean your teeth during your dental cleaning appointment and help make the experience as relaxing as possible. To get the dental care you deserve from a highly experienced dentist in Bakersfield, CA, contact us today to schedule your dental cleaning appointment!